A combo item is a common approach to bundle one or more items together in a single combo. Advantages include:
1. Create the necessary product/variant
You can either reuse existing product variants or create new ones. If the items in your combo are not going to be sold as stand-alone items, you can create a dedicated category and hide it from the POS.
2. Create a combo variant
Create a product variant as you normally would and assign a price, which will become the base price of the combo.
- Select the variant you want to convert into a combo item. In the variant form choose Combo Item
- Create a combo group by pressing + ADD COMBO GROUP
- Name the combo group, for example, Appetizer
- Decide the minimum and maximum number of items that can be created in the combo group
- Press + VARIANTS and chose all selectable variants
- Specify a price (if any) for each selectable variant
- Use the arrow indicator next to the variant name to rearrange the order
- Press save
Congratulations. You have created a combo item with a combo group. You can add additional combo groups or or modify the existing combo item by revisiting the combo variant.